Saturday, November 28, 2009

How to apply for a restraining order?

I've done a little checking around, and it turns out that I can apply for a restraining order against a guy that has sent me numerous hate messages (Exposing %26amp; Harassing me for a genetic condition), and repeatedly got in contact in order to upset me. (I have taken numerous steps against this, but he always finds ways.)





I know I'm applicable now, so I don't need advice on that. What I want to know is what are the ways I can apply for a restraining order?





Preferably I would like to do this online, next on the phone, otherwise I wouldn't mind going to a police station. (I'll do this either way, I'm serious about making it happen.) Also, do I have to go to court? Would I need a lawyer?





Any help would be majorly appreciated, it'd definitely help me out.How to apply for a restraining order?
Start by calling your local police department and I am sure they can direct you to the proper department,How to apply for a restraining order?
Unfortunately you'll have to go in person to apply for a restraining order. this is a very serious legal matter, you're not renewing your plates here.





You'll have to go before a judge to get the order of protection granted, once this happens he'll be served and have a certain number of days to respond. In order for this to become active you will both appear in court on the date of of the protection order....in the mean time maybe you and this person can come to another arrangement via your attorneys.
One applied for a restraining in court with all documentations of abuse..harassment..etc..make police reports, and file charges if you want..police would help you with that..
You have to go to court and file an application for temporary restraining order.
Really sorry about your problem.


I guess you will get lots of legal advice soon and I hope it helps.


Thing is: he might not take any notice of a restraining order. And the police and the law don't really give a damn.





But please take this advice - make sure you have access to something to defend yourself with. I don't mean to be alarmist, but IF he broke in, or tried to attack you, make sure you are not helpless.





So many people leave themselves defenceless against this sort of scum, and you are perfectly within your rights to take whatever action needs to be taken.





Do you really want to go through all that **** outlined in the answer below, and while all the morons are pontificating, he breaks in and attacks you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism