Monday, November 30, 2009

How to apply for a volunteer job?

I am a Junior in High School and am looking for a Volunteer job.





The purpose is to earn volunteer hours to put on my College application. Why? Because it is easier to get into the college of my choice that way.





I am either looking for a volunteer job at a park or hospital.





I am confused on how the process works





Do I pick up a volunteer job application from my school first or what?





Please give some external links consulting volunteer jobs and how they work.





Please help.





Thanks!How to apply for a volunteer job?
Well, atleast you're honest about why you're doing it. My only hope is that you will get into it and find it rewarding.





Look at volunteermatch.org to find opporutnitites near you.





No, you don't pick up an application from your school. Each nonprofit organization has a different process for training and welcoming volunteers.





You can also contact your local United Way to find out about special projects or opportunities in their agencies in your home town.How to apply for a volunteer job?
I volunteer in the NICU of a hospital. I totally forget the name of the department you contact, but I picked up the volunteer package and completed it (hospitals do criminal background checks now), I also had to have a drug screen, and a screen for different diseases. I had to be screened for diseases because of the unit of the hospital I was working in plus, I would be holding and feeding the babies. Once I was cleared, I purchased a volunteer uniform, and had my picture taken for a badge. In my hospital, you have to work a minimum hours a week to stay active.





Sorry I dont have any links.





Good luck!
You should first find out where you would like to volunteer, then visit their website. Usually the places would have further information on their websites about how you can volunteer or try volunteermatch.org and you can apply to places and they will contact you by phone or email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism